Letzter Beitrag: 31.01.2007, 07:58
Headset question in English
Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding Headset for my NOKIA 6100. Do you mind if I'm asking in English since I'm not fluent in German?
I even don't know in which forum this post should go.

I'm using my mobile for long conference calls. I'm normally using the Nokia HS-5 headset but it is not the most confortable solution.
So, I started to look for other solutions on the web and I found this:
http://www.sjtelecommunications.com/pla-wta-nk610.html
This small adapter available in the USA allows to use any Plantronics headset with 2.5mm jack.

I'm working for a US compagny and asked a colleague to buy it for me to avoid shipping cost and taxes.
But the connector doesn't match my phone. The 6100 series means some old phone such as 6120, 6160 sold in the US. It's a 7 pins connector

The Nokia 6100 is using the 14 pins Pop-Port connector.

So, I'd like to merge both worlds and interconnect the cable of the HS-5 on this small adapter

Is somebody aware of the pinout specifications for this 7 pins connector to map correctly the microphone and speaker on it?

Thank you in advance
Bob
Zitieren #1
RE: Headset question in English
Hello,

well, this adapter (linked page) does really not fit to the Nokia 6100!

Nokia offers this adapter with Pop-Port-Connection. The adapter is called AD-15 and fits to all phones with Pop-Port bottom connector. BUT its 3,5mm jack, not 2,5mm like your existing headset. I never saw an adapter from Pop-Port to 2,5mm jack!

Don't you think its easier just to get a headset with Pop-Port connector instead of using an adapter!? Wink
These headsets are as cheap as adapters for sure!

If you really want to make a self build adapter you can use the pop-Port pinouts from my page at:
http://www.nokiaport.de/index.php?pid=popport

good luck

[ExiTuS]

p.s.: nice to see non-german members in this forum Wink
Webmaster / Administrator

NokiaPort.de - The Center Of Mobile Modification | Twitter | YouTube
» Buch: Nokia - Mobiletelefone im Details (316 Seiten / 126 Abbildungen)
» Nokia TAC Database - Handy-Identifizierung via IMEI
» nokia-tuning.net - Tune up your Nokia!
» N95-Info - Info-Ressource zum Nokia N95
» Wusstest-Du.de ...täglich wissen!
» LIVE ESCAPE GAME FORUM Erste Deutsche und Internationale Community und Diskussionsplattform für Live Escape Rooms and Adventure Games

Nokia Hot Topics: Reset/Formatierung | Tasten-Codes | Zugriffscodes | Sicherheitscode | Unlock | Typenbezeichnungen | Nokia Series | DCT/BB5 | Symbian-Geräte | Display-Symbole | Dual-SIM-Adapter | Made In | Akkus | Ladegeräte | Datenkabel | Vorstellungen | FW-Update: JAF, Phoenix | Datensicherung

Wernicke Cipher (Chiffrierung)
Unlösbares Problem? -> das Nötel :-)
Zitieren #2
Hi,

Thank you for replying in English and your suggestion.

But, unfortunately, the AD-15 adapter doens't provide the microphone connection. Only the speaker output is provided to listen music. ;(

If you know any "Over-the-head" headset like (just an example)
http://www.plantronics.com/europe_union/...true&mftr=
that can be connected directly to the Nokia 6100 Pop-port connector, please tell me.

Finally, I found the Pop-Port pinout on your web site
I'm looking for this 7 pins specifications
This should allow me to build a custom made adapter

Cheers
Bob
Zitieren #3
For pinouts of the 7-pin connecor, see this thread:
http://www.nokiaport.de/forum/thread.php?postid=618

[ExiTuS]
Webmaster / Administrator

NokiaPort.de - The Center Of Mobile Modification | Twitter | YouTube
» Buch: Nokia - Mobiletelefone im Details (316 Seiten / 126 Abbildungen)
» Nokia TAC Database - Handy-Identifizierung via IMEI
» nokia-tuning.net - Tune up your Nokia!
» N95-Info - Info-Ressource zum Nokia N95
» Wusstest-Du.de ...täglich wissen!
» LIVE ESCAPE GAME FORUM Erste Deutsche und Internationale Community und Diskussionsplattform für Live Escape Rooms and Adventure Games

Nokia Hot Topics: Reset/Formatierung | Tasten-Codes | Zugriffscodes | Sicherheitscode | Unlock | Typenbezeichnungen | Nokia Series | DCT/BB5 | Symbian-Geräte | Display-Symbole | Dual-SIM-Adapter | Made In | Akkus | Ladegeräte | Datenkabel | Vorstellungen | FW-Update: JAF, Phoenix | Datensicherung

Wernicke Cipher (Chiffrierung)
Unlösbares Problem? -> das Nötel :-)
Zitieren #4
Thank you very much

Bob
Zitieren #5